Whoop! Whoop! It seems like summer might finally be here. The sun has been shining over Sprout’s House, and there has been a lot of paddling pool action!
We have also been enjoying eating outside whilst we soak up the rays so we’ve had time to trial another Sprout friendly recipe. This week I have paid another visit to Gwyneth Paltrow’s recently published book It's All Good: Delicious, Easy Recipes that Will Make You Look Good and Feel Great
The recipe we used was called Chicken Burgers, Thai Style.
- These burgers are really tasty and bursting with lots of different flavours - coriander, chilli and shallots.
- Exceptionally easy to make – meat in one bowl, whizz up all the other ingredients (apart from the oil), add this mixture to the meat, mix together and shape into burgers! How much easier can it get!!
- All the ingredients are easily sourced although we have always used turkey mince instead of chicken as neither Sainsbury’s nor Ocado seemed to stock it - in my area at least!
- Despite this being our fourth time making this recipe we are still fine tuning how to cook them most effectively. So far we have cooked them as per the recipe instructions; seared them in the pan then finished them off in the oven and also cooked them in the oven start to finish. None of these ways seemed to thoroughly cook them through whilst keeping them juicy and flavoursome.
- However, today I think we may have finally cracked it! I heated the oil up on the highest setting(6), added the burgers then turned the heat down to 3. After 5 minutes, I flipped the burgers over and then left them to cook for another 10 minutes or so.
- Nothing particularly ugly about this recipe just lots of yummy flavours!
Alongside our burgers we had green beans and a salad of tomatoes, carrot and cucumber mixed together with a couple of dollops of mayonnaise!
Let me know if you have any yummy recipes that we could try!