So there I was contemplating the weekend, and catching up on my favourite blogs before Sprout arrived home, when to my surprise I discovered that I had been nominated to receive the One Lovely Blog Award by The Headmaster’s Handbag. What a perfect way to start the weekend!
A big, big thank you to the Headmaster’s Wife!! Do pop over to her blog and follow the adventures of the Headmaster’s family as they settle into their new home in Kenya.
A condition of accepting the award means that I have to divulge 7 things about myself!!! Here you are -
1. I LOVE cheese. Pretty much any kind will do, and I could quite happily eat it all day along. In fact, such is my love for it that I fail to see the point of spoiling a good chunk of cheese with a biscuit.
2.This time in 92 days I will be married. So much to do, so much to do including the oh-so-tiny matter of moving house at some point preferably prior to the wedding!!
3.I once had a job as a hop picker! I had to hang the hops on hooks before they entered a machine that stripped all the hops off. My hands have never ached quite so much and I seem to remember we had to use a large quantity of talcum powder to ease the welts that sprang up all over them. The one bonus of this foray into manual labour was that I was the only girl amongst quite a sizeable group of boys – RESULT!
4. I love looking round other people’s houses. Some might call this being nosy; in fact some former colleagues still marvel at my ability to get myself invited to people’s houses for a ‘good nose’, and joke that they need to lock their drawers before I come round!! In reality, I just like to be able to picture where someone lives when I’m talking to them.
5. Symmetrical houses are just fantastic. There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a property big or small and being able to appreciate its symmetry. Bliss….
6. I’m a tiny bit OCD about my displays at school being straight, symmetrical and balanced – although I like to think I’m gradually weaning myself out of this habit?? I remember in a previous job a colleague of mine put up a border that wasn’t quite straight enough for my liking and I literally willed myself to leave it as it was. I think I lasted a day max!! I’m also quite fussy about my display labels – they need to be cut out with a border, laminated and then cut out once more leaving a little laminate border. Again I’ve embarked on the weaning process…..
7. One of the most valuable DIY lesson’s I have learnt is to know when to get the professionals in!! If I had the time and money, I would definitely re-train to be a plasterer, plumber and electrician. Building I can take or leave, but to be able plaster a room or re-plumb/wire a house would quite frankly make my day… And save me some money too!!
So enough about me, and on to the part where I nominate some fellow bloggers to receive the award too -
Honey We're Home
The Handmade Home
The Lettered Cottage
As Autumn is well and truly making its presence known, put your feet up, relax and have a look at these fabulous blogs – I hope you enjoy reading them!!